Chiropractor – General
For more information please contact us at (616)-226-2669
Medical Assistant –
Christian Healthcare Centers is a religious 501(c) 3 not-for-profit direct primary care healthcare organization seeking an experienced Christian Medical Assistant to join our distinctive faith-based healthcare center in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We are an insurance-free practice, which means our patients receive services based on a monthly membership fee. Our clinicians are liberated from the bureaucratic headaches and cost burdens of insurance billing, allowing them to practice patient-focused medicine within an interdisciplinary care team that includes physicians, medical social workers, pastoral counselors and other providers. CHC clinicians provide services as a collaborative team of Christian practitioners focused on the whole person – physical, spiritual and mental wellness – in accordance with the teachings, principles and guidelines of historic biblical Christianity.
A Christian Healthcare Centers Medical Assistant is a mature Christian; someone who is a compassionate, experienced caregiver committed to being a member of an interdisciplinary collaborative team whose mission is providing exceptional, comprehensive wellness services to the Body of Christ, guided by biblical values.
· Assist physicians and mid-level practitioners in providing preventative, acute and urgent care services.
· Triage and process messages from patients and front office personnel to physicians.
· Escort patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
· Interview patients to obtain medical history, measure and record vital signs and document in the patient’s records.
· Ensure all related reports, labs and other relevant information is recorded in the patient medical records.
· Prepare exam and treatment rooms for clinical encounters.
· Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets or physician instructions to patients.
· Contact outside specialists or ancillary service providers to schedule patients for procedures, tests or admission.
· Maintain logs and required checks for supplies, refrigerator and freezer temperatures, expired medications, etc.
· Make follow-up contacts with patients referred to outside specialists and/or services to ensure completion of or access to necessary services.
· Communicate prescription information to the dispensary or outside pharmacies.
· Sterilize and clean instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
· Actively participate in promoting the CHC model to prospective members and potential stakeholders.
· Actively support and participate in quality assessment and improvement activities.
· Mature Christian actively engaged with a local assembly of fellow believers
· In full agreement with the CHC Statement of Faith, Mission and Values.
· Committed to the CHC integrated model and philosophy of wellness.
· Willingness to work collaboratively with the clinical team to provide exceptional medical care to members.
· Three years or more of clinical experience in pediatrics; will consider less experience on a case by case basis.
· Desire to apply the principles of the Christian faith to patient care.
· Completion of a recognized medical assistant training program.
· Willingness to utilize technology to enhance member care and access.
· Commitment to continuing medical education, personal and professional development.
· This position may be full-time or part-time, and compensation is based experience and national and regional averages for the position.
Benefits include a MemberCare membership, paid time off, flexible hours and 401 (k).
Limitations and Disclaimer
As a religious, not-for-profit ministry, Christian Healthcare Centers is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U. S. C., Sections 2000e-2).
This position description provides a general summary of the scope and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisors in compliance with Federal and State laws. Qualifications are representative of minimum levels of knowledge skill and/or abilities. Continued employment remains on an “at will” basis.
Physician – Family Practice, Pediatrics, Ob/Gyn – full or part-time
A Christian Healthcare Centers physician is a mature Christian; someone who is a compassionate, experienced caregiver committed to being a member of an interdisciplinary collaborative team whose mission is providing exceptional, comprehensive wellness services to the Body of Christ, guided by biblical values.
Since Christian Healthcare Centers is independent of the traditional fee-for-service model of compensation and the time and paperwork constraints associated with that system, our physicians are free to spend more time with their patients. Physicians have a maximum patient panel of only 1,000 patients.
Services are provided to members/patients in exchange for a low monthly fee. There are no co-pays or deductibles nor is there burdensome insurance or bureaucratic compliance paperwork. Although CHC is not required to capture meaningful use and quality measures data for reimbursement or ACO compliance, the organization is committed to excellence and providers work cooperatively to create and track patient-centered quality measures that enhance patient care delivery and achieve desirable wellness outcomes.