Physician – Family Practice, Pediatrics, Ob/Gyn – full or part-time
A Christian Healthcare Centers physician is a mature Christian; someone who is a compassionate, experienced caregiver committed to being a member of an interdisciplinary collaborative team whose mission is providing exceptional, comprehensive wellness services to the Body of Christ, guided by biblical values.
Since Christian Healthcare Centers is independent of the traditional fee-for-service model of compensation and the time and paperwork constraints associated with that system, our physicians are free to spend more time with their patients. Physicians have a maximum patient panel of only 1,000 patients.
Services are provided to members/patients in exchange for a low monthly fee. There are no co-pays or deductibles nor is there burdensome insurance or bureaucratic compliance paperwork. Although CHC is not required to capture meaningful use and quality measures data for reimbursement or ACO compliance, the organization is committed to excellence and providers work cooperatively to create and track patient-centered quality measures that enhance patient care delivery and achieve desirable wellness outcomes.
Member Services/Receptionist – Full-Time
Christian Healthcare Centers is a religious 501(c) 3 not-for-profit direct primary care healthcare organization seeking a mature Christian individual to serve as the Member Services Receptionist in our distinctive faith-based healthcare center.
· Answer and direct incoming telephone calls to the appropriate person or department
· Welcome patients in person or on the telephone.
· Optimize patients’ satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
· Keep patient appointments on schedule by sending appointment reminders to patients, checking patients in upon their arrival and notifying providers of the patient’s arrival.
· Comfort patients by anticipating patients’ anxieties; answering patients’ questions; maintaining the reception area.
· Maintain patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
· Assist the Member Services Coordinator by responding to prospective member questions received by telephone or email.
· Assist the Director of Operations in maintaining the business office inventory of supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
· Assist patients in distress by responding to emergencies as necessary.
· Protect patients’ privacy rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
· Maintain business operations by following policies and procedures.
· Actively participate in quality assessment and improvement activities.
· Mature Christian actively engaged with a local assembly of fellow believers
· In full agreement with the CHC Statement of Faith, Mission and Values.
· Committed to the CHC integrated model of patient care and philosophy of wellness.
· Three years or more of full-time work experience in a medical office setting preferred
· Passion for excellence and a desire to apply the principles of the Christian faith in the workplace.
· Knowledge of medical terminology, procedures and diagnosis preferred
· Knowledge of electronic health record systems preferred.
· Knowledge of general administrative and clerical procedures
· Proficient in using Microsoft Office
· Experience in hospitality preferred
· Experience working in a pharmacy or with a dispensary preferred
· This position is full-time and compensation is based on the national and regional average for similar positions.
· Benefits include a MemberCare membership, paid time off, flexible hours and 401 (k).
Limitations and Disclaimer
As a religious, not-for-profit ministry, Christian Healthcare Centers is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U. S. C., Sections 2000e-2).
This position description provides a general summary of the scope and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisors in compliance with Federal and State laws. Qualifications are representative of minimum levels of knowledge skill and/or abilities. Continued employment remains on an “at will” basis.