Dr. Rebecca Huizen, D.O. Pediatrics
Rebecca is an experienced Christian pediatrician who highly values partnering with parents to promote wellness for their children- spirit, soul and body. She is passionate about promoting wellness in families in ways such as working together on plans for Internet safety, discussing strategies to increase family connectedness and equipping parents with practical ways to help their children walk out sexual purity.
Rebecca went to medical school at Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine and completed her pediatric residency at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital. She has served on the board of the American College of Pediatricians and was the co-creator of the Conversations Project, which is a compilation evidence-based resources on hot topics in medicine that was not skewed by political correctness. She has volunteered with Liberty Counsel International in support of parental authority. She has also enjoyed doing missions work in Haiti, China, India and Paraguay.
She and her husband Scott have four children and they work together to homeschool. They are active members of Georgetown Christian Fellowship. Rebecca enjoys being outdoors, walking, scrapbooking, Bible study, homeschool field trips and just spending time with her family.
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science in Biology, Oral Roberts University. Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Oklahoma State
- University College of Osteopathic Medicine. Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Internship/Residency: University of Oklahoma Pediatric Residency
- DeVos Children’s Hospital Pediatric Residency
- Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine Biochemistry Departmental Award for outstanding academic achievement.
- Public Service Company of Oklahoma/ Martin E. Fate Endowed Scholarship in recognition of outstanding academic achievement and potential for leadership.
- Osteopathic Founders Foundation Tribute Scholarship for outstanding academic achievement and potential for leadership.
- Calvin College Alumni Association Scholarship
- Tri-Unity Christian High School. Valedictorian and Senior of the Year
- Summa Cum Laude
- American College of Pediatrics Board Member. Co-creator of Conver- sations project designed to equip physicians with talking points and relevant research on hot topics. Also created multiple patient resources. Worked with Liberty Counsel International to promote parental rights
- American College of Pediatrics Membership Committee
- DeVos Pediatrics Clinic. Member of Asthma Quality Improvement Committee